Topic

Gossamer Gear Pack users…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gossamer Gear Pack users…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hall
    BPL Member

@lundquistas

Wondering if anyone has a Neoair Xlite or xtherm and has tried folding it up, putting it into the slots on the back were their surpass normally goes and uses it instead if it works. I know Klymit made an inflatable pad that fits in it but I was wondering if the Neoair, or any other lightweight pad on the market would work so I could leave the sit pad at home.

Thanks! Also, I missed the recent sale on the Kumo, if anyone picked one up and decided they didn't like it let me know

Thanks!

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

The air light pad is too great not too take. But for curiosity sake I have tries my Neo air shirt and it fits.

Steven Hall
    BPL Member

@lundquistas

Thanks! Any chance you loaded the pack and to see how it felt?

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Air pads do not work as well as CCF pads. If you pump them up they tend to bunch up and really push the whole pack away from your back…not good. Using them with low pressure means they are never stiff enough to work all that well.

NeoAir's are worse than Prolites. Prolites are worse than CCF pads.

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

I played around with the idea of a NeoAir Xlite (regular and large) in the pad pocket of the 2012 Gorilla — and as pointed out before, it doesn't work as well as CCF. A hassle to fold right and keep the valve free to put some air in — and it pushes the pack away from your body without really giving any pack support — plus I think the rubbing of the mat on the pack body may wear holes in the mat….I went with the GG pad (though a 4 section piece of Z-lite fit perfectly and was just as comfortable (a bit heavier).

rexx john

@psychbeat

Locale: SF CA

I have a GG Murmur and just did a hike with my Xtherm Small
    tucked behind my Sit pad and it fit and worked fine ;)

I let all of the air out though and folded it flatish

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools