Topic

New Westcomb Cayoosh UL Down Hoody – 875 FP, 10-12oz, Polartec Windpro, Pertex Quantum

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Westcomb Cayoosh UL Down Hoody – 875 FP, 10-12oz, Polartec Windpro, Pertex Quantum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Philip Kovacik
    BPL Member

@mountainjam

Locale: Bay Area

Cayoosh Hoody

In terms of overall quality and construction, I'd say Westcomb has got it going on! I've been impressed with their overall build quality, attention to detail, and that their products are still exclusively Canadian-made. I've read all the past reviews about their Chilko Sweater on here (in addition to my own independent research on all of their down products), and found myself agreeing with the BPL community on the at-times overbuilt (and consequently overweight) nature of their down products. That said, I'm happy to report that Westcomb may have answered ultra-lighter's prayers in the release of their Cayoosh Hoody (which can be found at one online US retailer if you google it). Weighing in at 10-12 oz. (presumably in standard jacket and hooded respectively), with Polartec Windpro on the cuffs, side panels, and the underarms, and Pertex Quantum shell material…it seems like the Cayoosh might address some of the concerns brought forward by Danny Milks & Kristin Tennessen in their BPL down jacket showdown published September 11, 2012 with respect to sweat damage in prone areas and the lack of proper fitting down. As a personal note, every Westcomb piece I've owned (and I've owned 4) have fit better than just about anything both custom or major brand…think slim, but not too slim. It's also got 875 fill-power European down! All for a nice round $300.00…I might have to liquidate some gear to write a proper review for ya'll. Holler back with thoughts…also great looking piece in several great colors.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools