Topic

caldera tri-ti or emberlite?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) caldera tri-ti or emberlite?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Hunter

@mdhunter

I need some advice. I am trying to determine which is better for a wood fire – the caldera ti-tri or the emberlite mini? I know the caldera is more versatile – alcohol, esbit, and wood. (I own two calderas with infernos, but no emberlite.) They weigh about the same. Which one, however, is the best with wood? Which one burns hotter? Does the emberlite mini reduce the coals to ash (about nothing) as well as the caldera? Is it as easy to start as the caldera? Is it easier to feed sticks? Will it boil as quickly? Does it smoke as much, or more? How well does it draw? Would a strong wind affect it more? Could I use it as an effective windscreen with an alcohol stove (maybe packafeather) in a pinch?

What do you think? I am looking for something flatter in my pack.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools