Topic

MoonTrail Customer Service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews MoonTrail Customer Service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

I just had the pleasure of dealing with Dan at MoonTrail for the fourth time. All four times the items, regardless of how large or small, were shipped out the same day. The items that they sell tend to be toward the top of the line, quality items.

I had a minor problem with my very first, and only small order, a Windmill lighter. I spoke to Dan and had a replacement Brunton Helios en route the same day before I sent the original back. Shortly afterward I bought my Hilleberg Akto, then many accessories, and finally a BA pad.

When a dealer consistently meets or exceeds a persons expectations it shows me a lot.

douglas girling
    BPL Member

@dgirling

Locale: Adirondacks

I agree, this is a fantastic company to deal with. Their website is outstanding, full of excellent info and pictures of items.
    Customer service is brilliant: fast, friendly and happy to deal with exchanges etc.
    The bonus points they offer on many items make them one of the best deals around.
    Deal with confidence.

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that.

Website is good too – especially the use of extra pictures of certain products to give viewers more of an idea about them.

Barnett Childress

@barnett_childress

Locale: New England

Have purchased a few high dollar tents over the years & some other smaller items. Great customer service & a no questions asked return policy.

Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

I purchased a tent from them recently and soon after making the purchase online I called them to make sure the tent I bought was the 2009 model. I told them the differences between the 2008 and 2009 models and they assured me that it was the newer model. I quickly discovered it was the 2008 model when it arrived. I returned it. They honored their return policy.

(Good point Frank; review revised)

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Locale: Arizona

Moon trail is a great company to deal with and I love their bonus point system, Free Stuff!

I always check their site first, because beyond the bonus points, they generally have lower prices than other stores as well.

I am not sure what Gabriel's problem is, they honored their return policy and he trashes them with a 3? maybe a 4 for sending an old/incorrect product, but they still took care of him.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools