Topic

Bent Gate Moutaineering Customer Service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Bent Gate Moutaineering Customer Service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Miles Barger
    BPL Member

@milesbarger

Locale: West Virginia

Bent Gate Mountaineering

I ordered a Western Mountaineering Summerlite from them. The price was very good, the item shipped quickly, and the bag arrived just as promised. I'm very impressed and will definitely be checking their store for sales and future gear purchases.

Matthew L.
    BPL Member

@gungadin

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

I was very disappointed with my experience with Bent Gate. I ordered two pairs of Gordini gloves in October 2006. I got the one pair in a week and was told the other pair was backordered and would be sent to me when they got them. Weeks passed, and I forgot about this. Finally I remembered that they still hadn't arrived when I found the old receipt that they e-mailed to me saying that it would be mailed ASAP. That was in September of 2007 (still no gloves)! I wrote to them and said I wanted the gloves or an immediate refund and to please contact me. I never heard back. About three weeks later, I got a check in the mail reimbursing me for the gloves. I never would have got this had I not reminded them. I never got an apology or explanation.
    All companies and people make mistakes, the key is admitting to it and making it right quickly. Not over a year later. Naughty, naughty.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

purchased a MB UL jacket for my wife (using paypal)- they had a good sale going on and had never purchased from them before so I thought I'd give it a go.

after purchasing the jacket I get a call two days later that the sale was too good and that they weren't going to honor my purchase

I did get a refund, they lost a customer

Greg Floyd

@gregfloyd

Hi – my name is Greg Floyd – I’m one of the owners of Bent Gate Mountaineering and wanted to respond to 2 of the reviews about my shop. There is not a “Respond” option, so I had to fill in a review to do so. We take customer service very seriously, try our best to do the right thing, and treat customers with respect. If you ever feel you have not been treated in this way when dealing with my shop, please email me greg AT bentgate.com and I will do my best to make things right with you.

The first review I wanted to comment on was from ML regarding a messed up glove order. I believe he must have gotten us mixed up with another shop for 2 reasons: 1) We have never carried Gordini gloves at our shop 2) We never issue refunds with a check – we always issue refunds on the credit card or account that the order was placed. I flagged this review because it is mis-representing.

The second review I would like to comment on is from MM. This order was placed during our winter sale. He wanted to use a coupon code that was posted on this forum http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=38250 in addition to the sale price of a jacket. This coupon code “rockandice2010” was actually sent out to Rock and Ice Magazine Subscribers with very specific details that it could only be used on regular priced items (not sale items) and it was actually supposed to be delivered after our sale ended. Anyway, we told the customer that we would honor the better of the sale price or the coupon code, but this coupon was not allowed IN ADDITION to our sale price that was aprx 20% off. He canceled his order.

We are hoping to get a new system in the next year or so that will have live inventory and work better with coupon codes etc – right now we’re trying to make our older manual system work, but it obviously still leads to some problems.

We have had tremendous support from the BPL forum users and I’d like to thank – it’s appreciated.

Greg

Warren Crow
    BPL Member

@crowculbertson

Locale: Alabama

I ordered a Montbell Ex Light Down Jacket during a sale. I think there was some confusion about the discount but the price tied to the item had the discounts included(20%). I did not expect a coupon to supply deeper discounts. My size was too small and I exchanged emails with a representative who encouraged an exchange. I exchanged it for the large and changed the color to gunmetal. I am totally satisfied with the item and the experience. In the past I have been hesitant to buy clothing from an online vendor but my experience with Bentgate and others have changed my stance.

Happy Customer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools