Topic

Pro Lite Gear customer service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Pro Lite Gear customer service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Craig Delger

@cdelger

To: Mike H,

I am the owner of ProLiteGear.com. I just now read your review. I take this matter very seriously.

I have spoke with every employee involved. 3 of them sit next to each other and they all recalled your phone call with our store because they discussed it at length after it happened. I don't want this to blow up into a big deal, but those 3 employees all recall things transpiring differently than what you have posted on this forum.

I ask that others reading Mike's review consider that the review from Mike is in stark contrast to the experience that every one else has experienced.

Mike – feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this over the phone. I look forward to improving your perception of ProLiteGear.com.

On a related note, I have started a new thread to discuss what traits BPL members consider important in a online store.

You can find that thread here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=72891&skip_to_post=621237#621237

James Walton
    BPL Member

@backcountryasm

Locale: south

It certainly looks like its been a while since anyone has posted any reviews of this company. I narrowed my search for a new sleeping bag and found Nick to be a knowledgeable person that helped me make a decision. We are all price conscious so I purchase a different bag than what I what I was looking for but based on his help I was extremely satisfied with decision. Emails were immediately sent and I waited for the bag to arrive. After a week and no arrival I called and spoke with Nick again. Let me tell you, I specially like to be able to speak to the same person instead of getting someone in Bangladesh every time I call. After it turns out, the bag ended up being on backorder with their vendor. Although I would classify as an error in Pro lite's behalf, I understand that suppliers can easily throw you a curveball ( I am a builder and deal with supply issues all the time). OK, a mistake has occured, it happens all the time and when it does do we measure the service based on occurrences out of someones hands or de we measure the service based on the persons attentiveness and eagerness to satisfy the problem. Nick hands down totally took care of the problem, acknowledged the issue immediately and we decided to go with my original bag selection. To boot, they sold me the more expensive bag at the discounted price of the first bag. Great way to do business. Received my shipping information within an hour of our completing our conversation. Would absolutely recommend to any one.

Will Newton
    BPL Member

@newts-2

Every time I've ordered from ProLite I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly my order ships, and how transparent the process is. Their sales staff is knowledgeable and courteous, and the one return I've ever had to make went swimmingly.

The icing on the cake is the video series hosted on their site and on their YouTube channel, where Brad Baumann runs over the features of their latest offerings. I find this helpful for two reasons. First, seeing shelters set up and packs filled gives one a much better understanding of their capabilities.

Second, Brad is a sturdily built guy, as am I (and, I suspect, as are many BPL members) and without any offense intended to the Hendriks and OutdoorGearLab guys of the world — these last are particular offenders in the "I'm gonna ding this jacket a star because it's baggy on my 120-lb frame" department — it is incredibly refreshing to see UL gear reviews that acknowledge that some of us just volumetrically need bigger shelters and XL clothing and shows how we fit in the available options. Enthusiastically recommend the company and crew.

Tom PIttman

@tpittman

Locale: Cascades

A friend bought a Big Agnes Scout Plus UL2 for me as a present. The tent that I was sent has been used, and is damaged. There is a hole in the roof and the stakes have dirt on them. I've attempted to call them to see if sending this damaged tent was a mistake. However their listed number is disconnected. I will update this post if they are able to rectify this issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools