Topic

Pro Lite Gear customer service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Pro Lite Gear customer service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    edgar desert rat

@krudmeister

Awesome customer service. I am becoming extremely leary of businesses that don't have a way to contact them by phone. Why hide? I called in a order for a cookpot and it was processed that day and arrived the following day for free shipping. The sales rep helped me personally select a cookpot with a great fitting lid. I would highly recommend Pro Lite as a result of one order whith them. Don't have to be a member, can talk to someone if needed, and free shipping!

James Loy
    BPL Member

@jimbluz

Locale: Pacific NW

I have ordered from this company numerous times and have also visited their store in Bozeman. I have never had a problem and my orders have always been shipped either the day of order, or the next. They carry some brands that are not always available locally, and almost always have items on sale.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

I've ordered many times from PLG. Big items. Small items. Several items in one order.

Only ONCE, was there ever a mistake. However, i personally feel that the mistake was beneficial to my understanding of just what an excellent company PLG is.

They bent over backwards to make it right. And this was one of my earlier orders with them and not after i had established a 2+ record with them as a patron of their business. This fact shouts out even louder!

To my way of thinking, this says more about their personal and business ethics, than i ever could know had i never had a problem.

They special order items for me and trust me to purchase them when they come in, instead of charging me ahead of time for a special order and making me wait. This too is to their credit. A customer likes to feel like a merchant has as much trust in them as the customer is supposed to have for the merchant. A two-way street – a rarity in this day and age.

If you want to know more, please search the FORUMS for "Becky", "PLG", and "ProLite Gear". I've posted a number of times on my excellent experiences with them.

John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I wholeheartedly agree with the above posts. The ProLite Gear team was extremely helpful both before my order and after a return.

When I ordered two Integral Designs eVENT Thru Hiker Jackets during a really good sale, I called to see if they had any green left. They did not, but they called Intergral Designs and found out there was a shortage of green eVENT fabric for manufacturing, thus creating a supply shortage. They called to let me know all this, and that they could call me back when they get the next shipment.

I also ordered two Integral Designs eVENT pants (my wife and I just moved to the PNW – can you tell we're a little paranoid about rain? =) ). Anyway, I returned the XL because it was too small, but I felt like the XL was identical in size to my wife's L, and mentioned it in the return order. Well, one of ProLite's guys tried on all the L and XL pants in the store, agreed that they were all the same size, and so re-labeled all the XL as L. They also called ID to inform them of the problem (ID claimed to be having some manufacturing issues with sizing). Again, they called me back to let me know what had happened, and that they had fully refunded the pants (and restoring my self-identity as someone who can still fit size XL pants!).

You just don't get that kind of service at the big box stores!

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

All good experiences so far with Prolite. Last friday afternoon I placed another order to this company. Less than 1 hour later, I got an email notification that my item had shipped. Free shipping too. In my hand the following tuesday. No fuss, no muss, this place just plain works.

Ernie Elkins

@earthdweller

Locale: North Carolina

I've placed several orders with these folks over the last few years, and they've always provided outstanding service. They respond very quickly to questions, and their shipping speed is amazing (I received a shipping notice within one hour of placing an order yesterday). I also appreciate their easy, no-hassle return process and free shipping on orders over $50.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Let me also join the throngs. Pro-Lite is one of the good guys. Their policies are clear, their selection of gear good. Pro-Lite CS is intelligent and enthusiastic. Free shipping over $50—-what's not to like.

Wish they'd bring back Montane, though.

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

I just had yet another quickly filled order from ProLite Gear. Actually this was the first time there was any glitch at all (due to an inventory problem), which was quickly solved by a phone call from their customer service to me. Great line one gear at good prices.

Adrian B
    BPL Member

@adrianb

Locale: Auckland, New Zealand

I've made several international orders to New Zealand, and all have been dispatched extremely quickly & arrived without issue (some credit to USPS here of course!). Quick to respond to stock/product questions, and their site always has accurate in-stock indications for each product. Top notch!

Craig Burton

@missingutah

Locale: Smoky Mountains

Normally I don't do company reviews, but I have just now been impressed by a record processing time by Pro Lite Gear.

I've been exposed to pick-and-pack warehousing during my career; and I know how quick it CAN be, but I also know how SLOW it can more likely be.

I just placed an order and received my receipt via e-mail immediately afterwards at 6:08PM. I left my e-mail client open and I received another e-mail from Pro Lite Gear at 6:24PM. The e-mail stated that my order had completely shipped, and it even included a tracking number already!

16 minutes to process, pick, pack, and ship? Impressive!

By previous reviews, I am confident that my order will be correct; and I have peace-of-mind that if something goes wrong, they will promptly correct it.

Eric Carlsen

@cooleric1234

I have had two positive experiences with Pro Lite Gear customer service. First, I bought a Big Agnes Zirkel sleeping pad from them, and decided after a while that I wanted to return it. I hadn't used it yet, but I lost the tags. They usually wouldn't accept a return, but when I pointed out they were advertising the new model and sent me the old one (6 ounces heavier) they accepted it without the tags.

I also ordered a titanium spoon and they sent me the wrong one (short instead of long). They immediately sent out the correct one, without waiting for the return of the original spoon.

Ryan Gardner
    Spectator

@splproductions

I have now made quite enough orders with ProLite gear to hope that they carry everything I will ever need – I don't want to order from other companies! I have never spoken with them directly or via e-mail, but in this case I consider that to be a good thing. I've never needed to! My orders always ship the same day I place them, and they have almost consistently arrive on my porch in within two days of purchasing! (Montana to Utah isn't that far… but still). With free shipping over $50, you can't go wrong.

I have also purchased and returned many, many items (when trying to find clothes that fit me). I have never had a problem. The website is clear and straightforward and gives you fairly good product specs and info.

I highly recommend!

David Bengoechea

@daveben

Locale: Calgary, Canada

Have ordered a couple times from ProLite. The first time, they called me within the hour to confirm my shipping and credit card info, as I'm in Canada. After that, the orders have been filled & shipped that day. And they arrive a few days after that – always within a week from the order date. No problems with customs either. Customer service is top-notch, great products & selction, and their sale prices are great. If you are in Canada, feel secure in ordering from them.

Mark Bishop
    BPL Member

@mark_b

Locale: Northwest (WA)

The very positive comments and recommendations from others here in the BPL forums was how I found out about ProLite and I'm certainly appreciative of that. So now I should add my own feedback by saying ProLite is the type of company I feel really good about giving my business to. Great service, quick shipping and free on orders over $50, an excellant website, and a knowledgeable staff that works hard to provide a good customer experience.

Barnett Childress

@barnett_childress

Locale: New England

Excellent customer service, fast shipping & no hassle return policy!

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Had a problem with an underfilled Ultra 20, never a question about making it right.

Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

ProLite is my go to shop for things outside of the cottage manufacturer realm. Most of my gear has been purchased through them and they are always very fast to ship. Free shipping over $50 (this is not the economy shipping which adds another 5 days like some other shops do with their free shipping deal). I typically see my orders in 4-5 days, and I'm in Maryland.
    I had an issue with a last minute order I put in recently which I had opted for Next Day Air. I received my "Your order has shipped" email and noticed it was being shipped Ground. I called ProLite and within 2 minutes, they had it sorted out and a new order out to me overnighted. Got my gear the next day and ProLite had the original order shipped back. No fuss! These guys are great to do business with.

Hal Potts

@halpotts

Locale: Middle Tennessee

I have ordered several times from them and have been pleased not only with the quality products but also the prices. Once I was looking for a particular pair of pants and I found them cheaper at another place. I called PLG to see if they would match. They did with no question. Later I realized that the other store was in England! I was very impressed and have bought many items there since. You can call them, get a human to answer the phone who has authority to make decisions, get good advice, and they are good for their word.

Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

Six business days after I placed my order the company contacted me via email, to let me know that they had just then shipped one of the two items I purchased. They didn't have the other item available to send. In other words, it took them six business days after I placed my order for them to ship the item they had in stock and for them to tell me that the other item was back-ordered. I contacted them and was told the situation occurred because of a software glitch. They canceled the order.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

I have been a long-time customer and can say nothing but good things about the customer service at ProLite Gear.

I am posting this in thanks to them and their excellent service.

Acronym Esq
    BPL Member

@acronym-esq

Locale: TX

Ordered Rab Generator jacket from PLG on the 19th. Got a great price and free shipping. Received correct order on the 22nd (3 days!). The PLG website correctly listed the weight of the jacket according to my scale.

Very pleased to add another 5 to the PLG reviews.

acronym 7/22/2010 6:10 PM

Alvie Morton
    BPL Member

@rootball

Locale: Gatlinburg

Its good to deal with a reputable company. Good prices. Quick shipping. I would recommend them.

Jonathan Liew

@jon720

They have good taste in that what they sell are probably a collection of the best performance gear in current market.

Their sales are good, but their price match policy is priceless.

Customer service are incredibly helpful, communication are clear and precise, returning of emails are swift.

I have once make a big purchase from them to be shipped oversea expecting to get nailed for tax and custom. But to my surprise it turned up at my doorstep flawlessly. ProLite worked some *ahem* magic without asking. Can't speak highly enough of them!

Mark Primack
    BPL Member

@bufa

Locale: Cape Cod and Northern Newfoundland

I had already placed a web-site order over the weekend and paid extra for second day shipping when I decided I needed a few more things for an upcoming venture. As the package was being prepared but wasn't out yet, they included the extra items for no extra charge in the two day shipping box. But when it arrived, it one of the items was incorrect, briefs instead of bottoms. I called and within a minute they said that the right item would go out today and that they would email me a slip to return the incorrect items. Excellent service, much appreciated.

Mike H

@mikehaf

This store appears to have great prices and a large stock of high quality light weight gear.

I was looking to buy a jacket and found the salesman helpful and knowledgeable. With the relatively volatile pricing of outdoor gear, I asked whether or not a jacket price could be reduced commensurately with a very similar jacket on sale from another manufacturer (also at prolitegear). While I admit I was haggling somewhat, the salesman got defensive and more or less said he could care less if I bought it, and that it would sell itself. When I mentioned the jacket was cheaper somewhere else in a different color, he said he wouldn't price match it and didn't care to look into it.

In the age of information, I feel that the best traits in an online retailer are either the return flexibility (REI or Backcountry), or the absolute best deals possible. Since I've read that prolitegear often has coupon discounts, I was somewhat discouraged at the salesman's reaction to my question about pricing. In the future, I'd be fine buying something from them, but only when they are the absolute best price. Otherwise, I'll stick with better return policies and better deals.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools