Topic

Fenix P1D-CE

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Fenix P1D-CE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

The P1D-CE ("cree edition") takes 1 CR123A battery.

I've taken a "pocket clip" off of a CMG (bought out by Gerber) Infinity task light. Spread the clip slightly and slipped it over the P1D-CE – a tight fit doing so. The clip is similar in shape/configuration and theory of use as that found on some older ball-point pens or mechanical pencils, only larger. I placed the clip facing opposite from what one would expect since i don't want to clip it to my shirt pocket, but to the brim of my ball cap so that the light shine out like a headlamp. Works fine.

Note the Lumen output of this little LIGHTHOUSE as compared to a PTec Apex headlamp (60 lumens output in HI output luxeon mode).

The P1D-CE is approx. 2.75" L x .78" D and only weighs ~1.6oz and 1.70oz (on my fancy smancy digital scale) with the clip that i've added.

A less expensive, but essentially identical, version just called the "Fenix P1D" has HALF the lumen output as the "CE" version. The "CE" edition, which i own, sells for around $69.95, and the non-CE version, i.e. the plain "P1D" (without the "-CE" designation) sells for about $49.95.

There are other Fenix flashlights that are worth considering also, e.g. the L1S and L2S if AA batts are preferred. I only mention those with which I have personal experience at this time.

I hope Cree-LEDs soon find their way into PT, Petzl, and BD headlamps.

Rather than subject readers of this Review to my typical extraneous verbosity, here is info on the P1D-CE flashlight taken directly from the BrightGuy.com website:

Fenix P1D CE – note that the body of the light says "Fenix P1D" even though it is the CE edition with the Cree LED.

The Fenix P1D CE (Cree edition) is a digitally controlled LED flashlight. It has 5 output modes:

1. Primary: 72 lumens, 2.8 hr runtime
    2. Max: 135 lumens, 1 hr
    3. Low: 12 lumens, 21 hrs
    4. Strobe
    5. SOS

Note: The Fenix P1D CE does NOT include a battery.

Operation: Turn the head of the flashlight clockwise to turn on. A counter clockwise turn will then switch it off. To switch between modes, turn the light on, then off. Within 1.5 seconds after being turned off, twist the head on again; and the Fenix P1D CE will be switch to the next mode. Just do the same switch to the other modes.

Features of Fenix P1D CE:
    – Uses a Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hrs
    – Current regulation for more consistent light output for the life of the battery
    – 5 output levels
    – Powered by a single 3-volt 123A lithium battery ** NOT included **
    – Made of aircraft grade aluminum
    – Durable Type III hard anodized finish
    – Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
    – Water resistant
    – Reliable twist switch
    – Includes open top nylon belt holster and key-ring clasp
    – Made in China
    – 6 month limited warranty* through BrightGuy, limited lifetime warranty through Fenix in China

Use of rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries is not recommended and voids the product warranty.

*BrightGuy warrants the Fenix P1D CE LED flashlight (when purchased from BrightGuy) to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.

[end of BG.com detailed description]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools