Topic

Jam question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Jam question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

Considering a GL Jam, but not sure what I’d do with wet stuff. I'm used to mesh pockets for wet stuff. How do you Jam users deal with wet stuff? Just hang it off the back?

Daniel Cox
    BPL Member

@cohiker

Locale: San Isabel NF

I imagine there's a few options:
    If it's non-absorbent like a tarp/fly or rain shell, I'd shake it off and just cram it in the top of my pack. All the important stuff is inside the liner with my bag and down sweater.
    If I managed to get something wet that soaks up water, like clothes or an insulation layer I'd reconfigure the compression straps to hug all the way around the pack and lash the wet item as spread out as feasible to encourage some sun-drying.
    Something small would go in the mesh pocket on the side.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Very timely question. I just had a mesh pocket made for my Jam by a lady Katharina Pierini that I found out about from this site http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/mountaingoatgear/detachable-mesh-pockets-for-backpacks/#comment-8806

So I gave her the measurments and she custom made it shipped for $22. Here are pictures of it below.

JamMesh1

JamMesh2

JamMesh3

JamMesh4

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools