Mar 28, 2012 at 4:47 pm #1287979
See the update below!
So I ordered some mini dropper bottles a while back to repackage some soap, hand sanitizer, Aqua Mira, etc. Because shipping was so much, I ordered a lot more dropper bottles than I really need.
I would like to give everyone a chance to get some mini droppers without an outrageous shipping charge. Here's how it works:
1. All bottles are $1 each.
2. Shipping for any number of bottles is just $0.70! All bottles will simply be put in a plain white envelope, sealed, stamped, and put in the mail. Letters under an ounce cost $.45 to ship. Oddly shaped letters require an extra $.20 postage. So I will be putting $.65 in postage on each envelope. If you order more than about 6-7 bottles (depending on the size), it will weigh more than an ounce, but I'll cover the extra postage!
3. I also have some tiny zip lock plastic bags. These are great for repackaging medicine, and I also use them to keep my spare book of matches and mini Bic dry. If you want some, I'll drop 6 in any envelope for $0.50.
4. The following sizes of bottles are available: 3cc, 6cc, 10cc, 15cc. These are available in Black, White, or Clear (see pictures). I have many of each size/color, but just showed one of each color in the pictures.
5. Email paulensley1 (attt) gmail dotcom with the sizes, colors, and quantities you are interested in. I will let you know what I have left.
6. All payments made paypal personal gift. Otherwise you pay all fees.Mar 28, 2012 at 5:11 pm #1860662
John NausiedaBPL Member
Paul . Please read my second e-mail-I need all clear if you can do it. Thanks, JohnMar 28, 2012 at 5:34 pm #1860677
Tom HolbrookBPL Member
@zandarLocale: Central Coast of California
I would like 2 (3cc), 2 (6cc) bottles in white.
Let me know,
Z.Mar 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm #1860683
email sent regarding 8 clear dropper bottlesMar 28, 2012 at 6:16 pm #1860704
I am still responding to emails, but all of the bottles have currently been spoken for.
If you don't mind waiting until next week, I will be placing another order and will gladly ship the bottles out to you the day that they arrive (or the following day). All prices will remain the same.
Send me an email and I'll make sure to get the ones you want!Mar 28, 2012 at 6:40 pm #1860711
Shipping from US plastics is kind of high at $6, but the price per bottle only ranges from .15 to 0.36. At an avg price of $0.25 for 10cc, the break even price to purchase from you is 7 bottles. Above that, USplastics is cheaper, below, you are cheaper.
If you want to make money off of this as a vendor of sorts, which seems to be indicated by the price you are charging per bottle, you need to declare so. The gear swap forum is not for commercial ventures. If I am wrong, sorry, but attempting to resale the bottles for 4x the purchase price seems like it.
I think it is ok to post under gear deals, esp as it would be cheaper for some and benefit them.Mar 28, 2012 at 7:33 pm #1860732
It is certainly not my intention to mis-use the Gear Swap.
As indicated in my original post, I ordered a bunch of these bottles because of the high shipping. Not I am offering them to others who may not want to pay a high amount of shipping.
I have gotten a lot of interest in the bottles, so people seem to think I am offering a good value proposition.
If one of the forum moderators feels that my post is inappropriate, I will respect their decision to move or delete the thread (although I'd also appreciate the courtesy of a PM explaining why).Mar 28, 2012 at 7:42 pm #1860739
K CBPL Member
@kalebcLocale: South West
Selling them at cost would be the most beneficial for BPL membersMar 28, 2012 at 7:44 pm #1860742
I do agree that you are offering value to others who need a small quantity.
However you posted:
"If you don't mind waiting until next week, I will be placing another order and will gladly ship the bottles out to you the day that they arrive (or the following day). All prices will remain the same."
It seems you are attempting to operate a business doing it, which is OK. But it belongs under Gear Deals, not the gear swap. BPL also has restrictions on how for-profit vendors can use the free forums.Mar 28, 2012 at 7:54 pm #1860752
K CBPL Member
@kalebcLocale: South West
Yea, if you are going to keep ordering and distributing stuff that anyone can get for a profit I think that's not cool, if it's extra stuff that you have left over no problem. How about you sell it at cost?
However, it does take a lot of time and effort to package, drive to the post office, keep track of things, so I think it's a fair dealMar 28, 2012 at 8:01 pm #1860756
I received a tremendous amount of emails from people interested in dropper bottles. After I sold all of the ones I originally had, I offered to order more and send them out to people if they could wait until next week. I have had quite a few takers.
Anyway, I'm not attempting to "operate a business" or anything like that. I was simply trying to offer people a few dropper bottles at a reasonable price. If my post has really bothered you this much, you can click the little red flag in the corner to report it to the admins. I'm sure they can review it.Aug 31, 2012 at 4:03 am #1907867
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.