Topic

PossumDown Beanie Hat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) PossumDown Beanie Hat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Aulwes

@eispickel

Does anyone have a better picture of the PossumDown Beanie Hat?

How dose the hat perform in windy conditions?

Thanks

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

This has become my "go-to" hat, especially when it's cold and/or for sleeping. It works well in windy conditions too, albeit yielding less warmth. I wear it around the house, running errands, training hikes, etc.

For really cold wind and/or rain, I just pull up the hood of my windshirt or rainjacket over it.

Fabulous addition to a clothing system to help regulate body temperature. Easily removed and stored when not needed. Can be pulled down to partially or completely covers ears and/or neck. Can be worn over a lightweight balaclava on cold mornings. Another advantage – it also rolls down to cover my eyes (and the tip of my nose) anytime I'm trying to sleep before dark.

Weak points:
    – No brim to protect/shield the face or glasses.
    – Posseumdown can't take a lot of abuse (see comments elsewhere about PD gloves). Not fragile, but handle with care, like the rest of your UL gear.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools