Topic

Help with adding hood to jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Help with adding hood to jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

Guys
    I posted this over at the Gear forum…but to no avail…

I have a Rab Generator jacket (primaloft1) and love it but want to add a hood. Am not a DIY guy so am looking for someone to do this custom work for me using 7D ~20D and PL1 or CSApex etc.

Can you guys recommend someone?

Mike

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Tim @ Enlightened Equipment works with synthetic insulation and has done custom work in the past. Also try Ben @ Goosefeet, he does it all. There are others here more than capable of tackling your project, but the above are a start right off the top of my head.

Good luck.

Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

Thanks Eugene

i pinged Tim and he's too busy. also sent email to ben…will see if he can make the synthetic stuff

If you have other ideas of specific people pls LMK

Mike

john Tier
    Spectator

@peter_pan

Locale: Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA

Jacks 'R' Better has down hoods weighing only 2 oz and they come with an omni tape installation kit and instructions to add them to any vest or jacket collar…A three minute sewing job for most… find them here http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Hood.htm

Pan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools