Topic

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and it won't hold air. Be sure to test yours before you depend on it in the woods!

Update: I ordered a second X-Lite, and after 48 hours it appeared that it had a slow leak. However, upon further investigation, I determined what had appeared to be a low leak was in fact my dog knocking the pad over so that it appeared to have collapsed. At this point in time, the pad has held the same level of air for nearly a week. I'm satisfied, and have changed my rating above to a 5.

Brad Fisher
    Spectator

@wufpackfn

Locale: NC/TN/VA Mountains

Have used a neoair for many nights without an issue. Night 1 with the XLite and it leaks from a small tear in outer fabric. Just too fragile for me. Now to figure out how to get my money back.

Brad

tom lakner
    BPL Member

@lakneremu

Locale: midwest

I used a neo air xl on a 7 week pct section and it performed perfectly. No leaks ,great warmth, and heavenly comfort.
    It appears fragile but took a lot of rolling around and being kneeled on in my tarptent

John Klinepeter
    BPL Member

@johnzotk

Locale: Northern Rockies, USA

This review is based on seven nights usage. My xlite is the women's version and it has been used with a 1/8 inch thick Gossamer Gear foam pad for puncture protection.

I am 5 ft. 11 inches tall and the women's length works just fine. My heels hang off the edge but there is no discomfort and I notice no coldness at my feet in temps down to 40F in the tent/33F outside.

I also have one of the original Neoair 48 inch long mats and have experienced the undesirable "soft" edge that many others have noted. The xlite has a firmer edge and there is no sensation of instability at the edge.

The previous two years I have used the Exped synmat UL 7 and find the xlite equally warm and comfortable. The xlite has replaced the synmat by virtue of being equally comfortable and slightly warmer (on paper, anyway), and lighter.

Edit: to correctly state synmat UL 7, not synmat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools