Topic

Hexamid Solo + w/Beak

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hexamid Solo + w/Beak

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Keith Gunter

@bkgunter

Locale: Midwest

Just wanted to let those of you who are in the "tall" catagory know, I'm 6'4", that I fit great in my new shelter. I haven't yet tried my 3" inflatable pad, but my with my 1/2" cc pad and a torso length 1" thermarest pad together, I had plenty of room for my head and toes (pointed straight up) to not make contact with the fabric. Can't wait to try it in the real world…outside of the backyard.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Thanks for the info. I was interested in one but am also 6'4" and had this concern. I was thinking of the twin size with no beak. Let me know how it works with the thick pad. I use one too.

Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

Good to know. Pics??

Brian Keith Gunter

@bkgunter

No pics as of yet. I may get a trip in early February, so I can post pics afterward. I think a 3" inflatable pad will be fine, as I don't sleep with my toes pointed straight up…we'll see.

Brian Keith Gunter

@bkgunter

I had an opportunity to set up and seam seal my Hex. Also got some photos to show inside fit.
    Space above head at end of tent
    Plenty of room above my head.

Feet off end of pad . Still room above top of shoes
    Still room beyond my feet.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Thanks for posting. I think I just might fit inside one myself.

Brian Keith Gunter

@bkgunter

Ben,
    I know it will be a little snug, but I have a MLD Bivy that I will carry for questionable weather (blow-in rain). I also like the 10 oz part of this set-up. But in the testing I was glad to see the room I would have. Most of the time I sleep on my side and knees drawn up a bit so that will help.

My hiking poles are MYOG (golf shafts) and are 49", Joe at ZP states that the pole should be about 52". This would probably raise the sides up to give a little bit more head and toe room. But I am very happy with the fit.
    White Cuben Hex

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools