Topic

test ken

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken M
    BPL Member

@kenmoz

Locale: Louisville, Oh

Time for new laces

Looks like it's time for new boot laces. The laces I bought were too long so I had to cut. This is how I deal with the raw ends or how I repair ends that have frayed.

Method 1: Slide a short length of 1/8 inch diameter heat shrink tubing over the raw end. Gently heat with match or lighter. Snip end flush if needed. This holds up well. It works good if your lace is the fat wide type as it makes a nice round tip. The heat shrink tubing is the kind used for insulating electrical wiring connections and can be found most places that have electrical supplies.

Heat shrink tubing

Method 2: Saturate the tip with super glue. Snip the end if needed to remove any fraying. This hardens the lace into solid plastic and makes for easy stringing though eyelets.

Super glue

Enjoy your hike. Ken

Ken M
    BPL Member

@kenmoz

deleted

Ken M
    BPL Member

@kenmoz

deleted

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia

italics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools