Topic

Tarp Poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarp Poles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Mathisen

@mathix

Locale: Oregon

I was wondering if any one knew of a better way to support a poncho tarp. I an not a trekking pole guy and hunting for sticks isn't my favorite past time. I do have 2 easton alu. poles however, it seems like the guylines would just slide down them. Any suggestions?

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

pre-wrap the pole with tape at one or more desired/anticipated pitch heights to accomodate diff. weather conditions. might sound like it wouldn't work, but i learned this from reading what the Gurus of UL trekking (DrJ and others) do with their trekking poles (which if the guyline isn't wrapped around the handle/grip of the pole, suffer from the same problem you're correctly envisioning with your Al poles).

James Pitts

@jjpitts

Locale: Midwest US

I haven't tried the tape thing, and I think it's an excellent idea. I posted a while ago that I use a very small piece of bicycle inner tube rubber that I wrap around the pole shaft and attach the tarp like with a clove hitch at this point. This has always worked well for me.

Michael Mathisen

@mathix

Locale: Oregon

thanks for the input guys. I was considering using rubber bands. Now I have a couple other options to try out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools