Topic

Hermit’s Hut and Western Mountaineering are the BEST!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hermit’s Hut and Western Mountaineering are the BEST!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Kouyoumjian

@magneto

It is nice to be able to post something good about a company or two!

After doing tons of research here on BPL (and elsewhere), I bought a pair of Western Mountaineering Flash Pants from Hermit's Hut in Redding, California. When the pants arrived, they were inventory tagged as size "large" (what I ordered) but they were really size "medium" — too small.

I called Hermit's Hut and spoke to Clarence. I explained what happened and that I was headed out on a trip and needed a replacement pair of pants ASAP. Clarence walked me through the entire process and got Western Mountaineering to ship me a replacement pair of the correct size via overnight delivery.

The pants arrived, the trip was saved, and all is well.

Both companies did a great job and I would not hesitate to recommend them!

(Edited for spelling)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I agree. I have dealt with both also. And Hermit's Hut is just a funky little store in a strip mall, in Redding. World class service just the same.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Great !
    Don't forget to tell us about the pants once you have used them.
    (I like them…)
    Franco

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I "NEEED" those WM Flash pants to go with my EB down sweater so I can extend the range of my WM Megalite 30 F. bag. They are calling to me… "Eric, you know you need me…"

I was going to buy Cabela's down pants but they are too heavy and too thin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools