Topic

new REI merino hoody

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) new REI merino hoody

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

I was in REI today and saw that they have an REI brand merino hoody. It's definitely lighter weight than the Ibex indie, but no fabric weight (or garment weight) is listed on REI's site (which is ridiculous). Fit is good; I'd say more baselayer-like than than the Ibex but not as fit as the IO Bio. No thumb loops. The hood was the big disappointment. It's fairly fit except for around the front, where there isn't much of a seal compared to the ibex, IO bio, Paty R1, etc. There's a men's and women's version; not sure if the women's is any better. Overall kinda disappointing but it's another option.

http://www.rei.com/product/816072/rei-merino-wool-hoodie-mens

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hi Brendan, I saw the REI hoody when I went in to pick up my Ibex Indie that I had ordered online. I agree with most of your comments, especially about the hood…kind of sloppy in my opinion. However, I thought the wool might have been a bit thicker on the REI hoody when compared to Ibex. The Ibex is 195 g/m2, and I thought the REI hoody was closer to 200g/m2. It's pretty hard to tell…i'll check it out again next time I'm there.

Dave Marcus
    BPL Member

@djrez4

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Huh…The sleeves look long enough on the handsome model (no homo) in the pictures to have thumb holes. But, even just looking at the website, you can tell the hood looks like a sloppy fit. I wasn't particularly in the market for a merino hoody after picking up a bunch of Stoic merino on Steep and Cheap last month. This product doesn't change that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools