Topic

Do the JMT in October

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Do the JMT in October

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Locale: Bay Area, California

Hey All,

The John Muir Trail is amazing in early October, see video: John Muir Trail Video

Permits for Mt. Whitney and the JMT are easy to get now. Let me know if you have any questions.

This is a summary of an October thru-hike on the John Muir Trail. I traveled seven days on foot from Whitney Portal to Yosemite and stuffed my camera with as much beauty as I could. Evening temperatures were below freezing each night and signs of winter were ever-present. I hope you enjoy the pictures and the story.THE START

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

The photo looks like Mount Muir, just south of Mount Whitney.

–B.G.–

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Ryan, your video was completely enthralling – very well put together, and I am in awe of how much beauty you were able to get on film while hiking at that pace, not to mention the way the video managed to capture the emotional aspect of your trip. Thank you for posting this.

P.S. I'm glad you were able to get nearly to the end before the worst of the storm hit!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools