Topic

Tent impressions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tent impressions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Is anyone able to offer impressions of this tent based on the limited data?

http://www.chaseharper.com/CHEtc/Outdoors/PktTent.htm

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Not much to go on without dimensions, material, etc.

Looks like the toe end of the tent would get wet in a windy rain, however. That alone would be a game stopper for me.

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

You are correct. I should have read through what was provided more carefully. Best guess is that the tent is made from a combination of coated nylon and mesh. Foot would definitely be a weak point and the fly looks as though it is totally open although it would need to be placed directly into wind/rain.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Not so inexpensive either for the low tech fabric. Could get a Moment for 30 oz. and not be dependent on a tie off point. For less$

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

You can do better at that huge price.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For that price you can purchase a very nice full coverage cuben shelter from several manufacturers

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Exactly the type of comments I was seeking. Thanks all.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Yeah, for $300 it better haul *me* up the trail and make me coffee in the morning ;)

I wonder why he doesn't tip the whole design back about 15 degrees and bring the tail down to the ground. Variety is the spice, eh? It looks like the inner would mate well with something poncho-sized.

David Ure

@familyguy

Uhmmm. If I add an MLD Inner to an MLD Patrol, am I not at the same price point? If I take a Golite Shangri-La 1 and respective inner tent, am I not at the same price point? If I…..

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Could be amusing pitching it in pouring rain or a storm. make a bit of a bath.

Cheers

carl becker
    Spectator

@carlbecker

Locale: Northern Virginia

For $210 you could get a Tarptent Sublite Sil for 24 ounces not including the rock to drive the pegs. Pretty good marketing misinformation and poor research on the manufacturers part. MLD and others also make much lighter options. I use the Sublite and MDL solomid, both under 20 ounces.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools