Topic

Lawson Equipment Customer Service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Lawson Equipment Customer Service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andrei Tudor
    BPL Member

@andrei_tudor

Excellent customer service. My initial package got lost in the mail (due to a local post service strike), and Lawson sent a new one at no charge. Will definitely buy again.

Matt Mioduszewski
    BPL Member

@water-2

Locale: pacific nw

Without going into a long version of it, I think I've bought 2-3 things from Lawson and generally had good email communication and interaction with him about his products. He offers unique items and the free shipping is always a huge huge plus in my book. I like that he uses USPS as they are my preferred carrier for deliveries.

I had one snafu with Lawson but it did get resolved. A dry bag did not fit my sleeping bag so I sent it back. It took a few months to finally get things sorted out but eventually it was taken care of. Part of it was slow responses from me on a few points, and the on the back end I think my emails got lost by Lawson, which he apologized for.

I'd definitely recommend him as a vendor as he is an American business with made in the USA products, with overall great prices and unique offerings.

Thomas Knight

@thomask702

Locale: Sothern Nevada

I initially found this business while i was at work on my cell phone (samsung galaxy s2) i went ahead and ordered what i thought was 2 yards of 1.5oz cuben. when i went to check on my order on my home computer, i realized i had only ordered 2 linear feet! The product descriptions didnt come up on the mobile site. it was easily sorted out, but i still felt that because the mobile version of his sight misrepresented the product, that i was getting one pulled over on me. not a big deal, mistakes were made and communication was quick, if not pleasant.
    I waited a few days and recieved a package in the mail, which contained 2 yards of .75oz cuben, which i hadnt ordered. i immediately emailed lawson and stated my problem. i offered to pay for the product or to send it back. he told me to keep it and he would ship out the correct product the next day. i thought great! i have some lightweight fabric i can play with and get the feel of and then i can play with the heavier stuff to see what i like. it has been 16 days since he was going to ship it. i emailed him letting him know that i hadnt recieved what i had paid for and that i wasnt amused. He got to be very defensive and insulting towards me as a consumer. going so far as to tell me that i was "just that kind of person that is never satisfied" and "i should have given you a refund from the beginning". I feel that while he wasnt in the wrong completely, he should have at least accepted some responsibility as a small business owner and fixed the mobile version of HIS website. so at this point, my rating of him is a solid 1. 1 for shipping the wrong product, 1 for horrible customer service, and 1 for not being able to act like an adult during a transaction process that should be quick and clean. i will not be doing business with him again. Any questions or comments on this review can be emailed to me or PM'd to me through BPL.

Thanks

-Thomas

EDIT: As of March 23, 2012 i still have not received the 2 linear feet of cuben fiber that i ordered. I am not even going to try to deal with this company again. I will be calling VISA and asking for a refund.

Scott Brooks

@cyclewacko

Lawson sells unique items at very reasonable prices, usually with free shipping. His ship times are fast and communication is excellent. He's even taken the time to answer my questions about how best to construct using Cuben fiber.

Sarah Kuhn
    BPL Member

@sckuhn

Locale: Mountainous Ohio

I've purchased from Lawson Equipment several times. Items always as described.
    Very prompt shipping and replies to all inquiries!
    Bends over backwards to help customer out!!! ( I placed large order and several days later got an email with a % off coupon…. ugh, but Lawson was willing to extend the coupon expiration until my next order so I didn't miss out on the deal!!)
    Keep it up Lawson! Thanks!

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction via email.

Highly recommended!

Emily B

@emilyb

Just want to put in a good word for Lawson Equipment (formerly Mountainfitter) based on my recent experience as customer.

Last spring, probably due to a postal strike in my area, a small order didn’t make it to me in the mail.

This spring, when consulting him about another potential order, I asked if he’d heard anything about my previous order that didn’t arrive. He offered to send me some gear to replace what would’ve been in that package. I told him not to bother with that, because the main thing I’d ordered was out of stock, and I also didn’t want a true cottage manufacturer to have to take the hit for my dysfunctional postal system.

When my next order arrived, Lawson had included replacements for last year’s order, plus some extra goodies. He had even scrounged around and pieced together items equivalent to the ones that were out of stock.

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

The rope he sells is good stuff.

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several occasions to get things straightened out. I think Lawson is a good guy, I just think he may be a little disorganized.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Ordered some titanium stakes from Lawson and have nothing but positive things to say. Fast shipping, awesomely light, sturdy stakes, extremely well priced (half the price of the competition!).

And bonus points for drawing a kick ass picture on the packaging!!!! (I requested a picture be drawn)

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterday I ordered more glow-wire and the longer ti stakes; I received confirmation from USPS an hour later that the items were in the mail.

G Sticks
    Spectator

@voiceofsticks

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Long story short is that Lawson did a great job!

I ordered a few items including two types of cordage and a mini-biner. The next morning I realized I needed a few stakes as well. Lawson got my email and combined the orders and got it shipped out fast.

The order arrived with one of the guylines being wrong, so I let them know and they responded within hours apologizing and saying they'd get the right one out the next morning. They also let me keep the first cordage (which I was happy to return). Should this mean a 4 instead of a 5? Eh, mistakes happen, what matters to me is fixing the mistake, which promotes confidence in the future.

I love supporting small businesses when I can, and since Lawson's line and stakes are exactly what I need, I will definitely be going back!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools