Topic

SMC T-Anchor

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) SMC T-Anchor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    D T
    BPL Member

@dealtoyo

Locale: Mt Hood

From what I’ve read, SMC recommends using 3 or 4mm cord to be used on the anchors. This seems heavy to me. Can you use Aircore guy line, or does the small diameter line get cut by the anchor(line against aluminum)? Is there a differant method to attach guylines to the anchor, like using Ursalite Micro Carabiners to somehow attach the guyline to the anchor?

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Locale: Northern California

Attach a loop of cord to the T-Anchor, then either girth hitch it to your guyline, or use a small clip or ‘biner. Make sure you use one that has a high enough fail strength if you’ll be out in strong winds or heavy snow loading (the Ursalite ones should be fine; Ryan uses them for this purpose).

I’ve used cord as small as Triptease with the T-Anchors and had no problems with wear; I’ve not tried the Aircore line.

Ben Pearre
    BPL Member

@fugue137

I'm thinking of trying thin cord through chafe gear–e.g. some 4mm o.d. plastic tubing. Any recommendations of what kind of tubing might work well?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools