Topic

Need Help Choosing A Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Need Help Choosing A Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Eggleston

@happycamper

Locale: South Bayish

I am looking for a new pack. I currently use a Golite Jam (original version.) I am looking for similar volume to the Jam but with more comfort and back panel ventilation/mesh. I also may be interested in an internal frame because I don't always want to use my foam sleeping pad as frame.

I tried on the ULA Circuit and Ohm. The circuit was comfy but might be too voluminous for my needs. Ohm seemed about right but no back panel ventilation or mesh. I tried on the Osprey Exos 46 but wasn't sure about the fit(may need a second look.) I also tried on the Osprey Hornet 46 but the m/l size was way to short for me.

Other than that, I have read about the Gossamer Gear Gorilla and Six Moon Designs Starlite as possible options. I haven't tried either.

I normally carry a 8-11 pound base weight (including pack) not including food and water. My normal trip is 1-3 nights, 3-10 miles per day. I am 6 feet tall.

Suggestions??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools