Topic

Car-boom!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Car-boom!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vlad Putin

@primaloft37

Locale: Radio Free Pineland

I was introduced to Car-boom! energy gel by a retired Air Force Pararescue guy on a BSA sponsored 50 miler. When you are really run down and “hitting the wall” you break open the Car-boom! packet and suck it down, wash it down with water.

I thought it worked OK, taste is better than GU and other energy gels…way better IMO.

Downside to it is the fact these energy gel packs are heavy as they are not dry and they are expensive per pack. Personally, I think they are better for triathletes, marathoners and adventure racers due to their weight. Backpackers are probably better off sticking to lightweight, keep it simple stupid energy foods like sucking on hard candy, GORP, slim jims, etc.

But these gels have a use in modern day backpacking. And I have tried most of them and liked Car-boom! the best.

I would have given it a 5 if the packets werent heavy.

Vlad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools