Topic

Katabatic Wide Quilts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Katabatic Wide Quilts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Looks like the first of the Katabatic Wide quilts are available. Alsek currently with others shortly. The could make a great over quilt as well as being extra comfy.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Very nice!

Now if only they'd start using a super light shell fabric (ie. M50 or Pertex Quantum 7D) to shave off 3oz or so then they'd have my money. I suggested this to Aaron once but he didn't think it was a big deal. IMO, shaving off multiple ounces for really no penalty is a huge deal. Sleeping bags/quilts are the perfect application for these extremely light nylons.

William Johnson

@steamboat_willie

I can think of a penalty for M50.

An orange over-quilt so bright I can never fall asleep!

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Yeah that orange is pretty bright but a wide selection of colors is supposed to be coming out this spring.

In any case, Aaron already uses Pertex fabrics right now so using Pertex Quantum 7D seems like the one he would likely use.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

If this is true, then I'll be putting up my lightly used Sawatch for sale, and purchase the same, but in the new wider width.

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

Looks like the Alsek is the only quilt that Aaron has made available in wide so far. It may just be taking him some time to update the site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools