Topic

Montrail Torre GTX

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Montrail Torre GTX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

No question this is one of the top of the line *heavy* hiking boot. But, should the boot split in the middle in less than 100 miles?
    At 4 lbs for size 12, these are pretty heavy boots. The uppers are made of nubuck leather, the lining is a very comfy gore-tex and nylon. It has a composite shank and the sole is Vibram.
    Generally well made, and they seem to provide excellent support and make your feet feel good. BUT THEY ARE HEAVY!!!

Waterproof, Goretex, all the high tech features you'd expect in an otherwise excellent boot.

If you can handle 2 lbs per foot (for size 12's), then these feel great. After being forced to finish 50 miles in light hikers because of a split in these boots, I had to finish the tour in light hikers, which my knees now greatly prefer.

In the future, I expect these boots will become dinosaurs because of their weight.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools