Topic

Another Zion Hike Recontamination Post. 7 Days, is it possible? (Late May)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Another Zion Hike Recontamination Post. 7 Days, is it possible? (Late May)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Justin Rhoades

@carlvp

3 or 4 of us are hiking Zion in late May. Is it possible to get 6 or 7 days of good hiking out of Zion? As this is a first effort at going truly lightweight I'd like to be able to put some more miles than traditional hiking. Shooting for 12-15/day, but would take less if it meant we could squeeze 6 or seven days in. Right now a tentative itinerary has us at 7 a day and out of the park in 6 days, which seems a little too easy.

Any suggestions for an itinerary?

Thanks,
    C

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Go to Bryce and hike the whole Under-the-Rim loop instead. Hike Zion for a day and do Angels Landing on the way to or from.

Justin Rhoades

@carlvp

FYI, I am not planning a recontamination post. I would like some recommendations.

Bryce looks great. But how do we squeeze six nights out of that?

C

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools