Topic

new inov-8

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) new inov-8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

It's about time they put this up for sale. I'm not sure how useful this is though. It looks like it'd only be good for use in gyms and such where some sort of footwear is required.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

There are 5 different new pairs shown in the link the road-x series and the evoskin I'm not sure any are good for the gym.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

I've been hoping for some sort of a road version of the x-talon 212. It looks like the road-x 233 is the closest. However, I'm thinking the f-lite 230's might be a better choice as I could hit the road with them, but they'd also be a bit more trail worthy.

Each is a two-arrow show, each uses sticky rubber, both have meta-flex, facia band, and 6mm drop. Not sure about durability, comfort, or fitment differences though.

Anna, thanks for the reminder theese are out now. I will be needing another set of road shoes soon.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

How would the Evoskin not be good for the gym? It's as barefoot as you can go when you're not permitted to go barefoot. Even the description mentions using it on a treadmill. I don't think it would offer enough cut protection to make it usable on trails or for crossing creeks, I wouldn't want to use in at camp shoes because they would not allow my feet to breathe or to wear thick dry socks, and it wouldn't be so good for a hostel/camp shower shoe because debris & scum could wash into the edges and not wash out.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

my feet would sweat badly in those in a gym working out, I need mesh or no shoes at all like when I do yoga.If I were to use a shoe like the evoskin(but I don't really see myself doing so)I would think in some sort of water application.I was more interested in the road-x series.

Erik Danielsen
    BPL Member

@er1kksen

Locale: The Western Door

Wow, I think the new 155s are the lightest shoes they've put out yet. Between these and the X-talon 190s, though, I really wish they'd offer them in some non-garish colors. The X-talons in particular I found very appealing otherwise. The new Bare-Grips are even more appealing, though, and come in a still-bright-but-tolerable green.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools