Topic

Burn for 5 nights?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Passey

@davidpassey

Locale: New York City

Anybody think a MLD Burn would have sufficient volume for a 5 night trip in the Wind Rivers. Basic kit inside the pack is:

MYOG Burn size pack
    GG Spinntwin or Hexamid (no netting)
    BPL cuben/pertex bivy
    WM highline (or, depending on forecast, Arc AT)
    Half cut GG pad, with thin light for legs/feet
    Montbell Alpine Light down jacket
    Montane windshirt
    Silcoat Cape/Reed Pants for raingear
    Light hat, gloves, dry socks and underwear
    Kitchen: a Heinie can/alcohol stove combo (around 2 oz), but I've got that new kettle on order and may try that.
    Ditty/first aid

I'm thinking the small pack would work if I choose food carefully, but I wanted to get other's thoughts. The pack body is Burn size, but with wide GG style, thin shoulder straps and a broad, thin hipbelt, so it carries very well. I sewed it for a shorter trip last year, and now I'm thinking I could use for a longer trip. I could add volume (and a few ounces by switching to my prolite short pad. Alternatively, I've got the GG whisper, which might also work. That pack seems so delicate, though, and I don't think it would carry as much weight.

I get a kick out of making a long trip with a ridiculously small pack.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Absolutely David, you should have no problem.

Please post pics.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools