Topic

National Geographic magazine story on Alaska-Yukon Expedition

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion National Geographic magazine story on Alaska-Yukon Expedition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Skurka
    BPL Member

@askurka

The March issue is on newsstands now. It's a pretty cool story — 16 pages, including two 3-page spreads; and a very cool map and mileage bar chart.

It's also online: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/03/alaska-trek/koeppel-text

Signed copies available: http://www.andrewskurka.com/store/ngm-march2011.php

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

Sweet! very excited to read it!

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

Andrew, when will the signed copies be shipping? Looking forward to reading it but am holding out for the actual magazine.

Andrew Skurka
    BPL Member

@askurka

I am traveling through Tuesday night for presentations and am planning to start shipping as soon as I get back. They had not arrived before i left.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I'd call it an "adventure" but to me an adventure is when things go badly wrong. You had a very large vision to concieve of, plan and then execute that epic journey.

Congratulations Andrew. When you're my age (67) you'll look back on that time with not only pride of accomplishment but great memories. I've done long Canadian wilderness canoe trips and the 2 day, 100 mile Canadian Ski Marathon and I look back on all of them with fondness. Long preparation is the key to success in efforts like these. Your preparation must have been very well done.

P.S. If you share with us the details of your preparations I think it will be invaluable information and will inspire us to do our own big journeys.

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

ohh, it's going to be a fine fine read.

you see this, eh.. our man Andrew, he did good !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools