Topic

Sierra Designs Sirius

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Sierra Designs Sirius

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Chris Miller

@chrisdm

Not sure if this is the right category, as this tent is a single wall/double wall hybrid. I chose this tent for 3 reasons: 2 person/2 door/2 vestibule, 4.0 pounds, and $120!

For the price, this tent absolutely can’t be beat. It has a nice design with the half-single wall/half netting, with a rainfly/vestibule that covers the net half of the tent. This makes for a nice “convertible” tent. I leave the rainfly attached and rolled back for a nice view, easily rolling it into place if the weather turns.

Also, this tent has 2 full doors and 2 small vestibule areas, one by each door, created by the rainfly. A stake is required on each side to create the vestibule area, otherwise it’s totally freestanding. The vestibule is just big enough to cover a pack and a pair of boots. Also, the tent is also sooo quick and easy to set up, reading the instructions would be a waste of time.

On the downside, some rain did seep in through the single-wall side during a So-Cal thunderstorm the other night, but it wasn’t enough to cause a problem. I just keep my head in the double-wall side.

I plan on eventually getting a Lighthouse for my solo runs, but will still use this tent for trips when my wife comes along, thanks to it’s 2 full doors and vestiblues.

I really like this tent, especially considering what I paid for it. It’s stats easliy earn it a 4 of 5 rating, and it’s price then kicks it up to a 5 of 5 stars.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools