Topic

Lorpen Trekking Extreme Coolmax Socks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Lorpen Trekking Extreme Coolmax Socks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

For anyone allergic to wool, or just looking for a fine coolmax sock, these are a good choice – 75% Coolmax, 15% Polyamide, 10% Lycra.
    Weight is 4.4 oz a pair in size Medium.
    They are a medium to heavy weight sock, extremely durable, thick enough to provide some padding and cushion, well reinforced at stress points, do not sag or bunch up, and dry quickly on the pack between rainstorms. In very rainy weather, I hiked comfortably with these in wet boots for several days. They have gone through numerous washings (perm press cycle and dryer settings) with no pilling or other signs of wear.
    Note: While a size Large is recommended by Lorpen for size 10.5 (US) feet, I found the size Medium fit my size 10.5 feet perfectly.
    Lorpen states they have the following features: 1) 10% Lycra to eliminate sagging or wrinkles; 2) "No feel" toe seam; 3) Nylon outer layer for durability, Coolmax inner layer for wicking; 4)Multiple density knit, more open over the instep for ventilation, denser on the sole for durability and cushioning.
    Cost: $13 US at a local hunting shop
    I highly recommend these socks.

UPDATE -12/23/14: Lorpen now makes a "T3 All Season Trekker," a medium weight synthetic sock of similar construction and quality. Prices are high, but Lorpen North America has sales such as the current one for 25% off (not passed along by Amazon BTW). The TEC's are still going strong, but the T3s should serve equally as well. SCF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools