Topic

Tent fly as tarp?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tent fly as tarp?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    steve seivard

@sseivard

Hello, I am new to light weight back packing and have been getting interested in tarping. How well would the rain fly from my eureka timberline 2 work as a tarp? Will I have enough room can I just add some loops for poles and stake the existing loops?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Your tent fly looks to be a fairly simple design which is good because a more complex shape would be harder to pitch well. Your tent fly won't be as light as some of the nice tarp options out there and it will be more challenging to get a nice taut pitch, but it should work. It looks big enough from the pictures, although maybe a little short. You might be able to set it up using the fly and poles from your Eureka without the inner tent to get a better idea of what tarping is like without the difficulty of getting it pitched well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools