Topic

35-40 liter packs for running

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion 35-40 liter packs for running

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Perry H
    BPL Member

@hphock

Locale: Midwest

I have a few packs to try out, my normal Gossimer, I have an Ultimate Direction Fast Pack (this is a no after using it), and ordered 2 more packs to try – a Six Moons FTK amd a Ula CDT pack.  Any others to recommend?  I’ll be running the Grand2Grand in 2021 with the pack – 7 days.  I know the UD was a tight fit with my nutrition @ 35 L.  I do like pockets on the hip belts / straps for storing food and go to items.

Thanks in Advance

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

The Zerk40 by Mountainsmith has running vest type “shoulder straps” with the main compartment at 36L (off the top of my head).  There’s an optional web strap hipbelt too, but not hipbelt pockets.  Lots of bells and whistles though the hardware still seems a little too small.  It’s one of those load-outs where you’ll kind of wish the packed shelter was a 0.5 DCF tarp but it can support at least a few days of true ultralight vs a Burn that could definitely take at least 4 days with double walled shelter (neither will let you cram in that extra 2 dozen cinnamon roll tray on sale on top of a few days load out, though).

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Terra Nova makes the Laser 35. Weighs 18 oz. Has hip belt pockets. Might not be available in North America, but ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk offers free shipping to the US on orders over $80.

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/rucksacks-c19/running-packs-c873/terra-nova-laser-35-litre-pack-p9308

The UK site also has the new OMM 2020 Classic 32. Weighs a little more at about 23 oz. Looks nice!

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/rucksacks-c19/all-rucksacks-c134/2020-classic-32-rucksack-p13556

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I think you will like the Six Moons FTK.  When Ron was refining it he brought one to a BPL gathering in the Bay Area.  Got to take it on a short test run and was really happy with how it performed.

might want to check out https://matadorup.com/collections/packable-bags/products/freerain32

I used the original version of the freerain24 (didn’t have a hipbelt) for my 6 mile daily  commute to work for almost two years which had the normal daily gear including my MacbookPro.  It worked surprisingly well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools