Topic

Rab Summit 300 1/2 Zip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Rab Summit 300 1/2 Zip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

I give the bag 4 stars only due to its weight of 28 ounces for a 28 degree bag.

The Pertex Microlght lining is very soft and not clammy feeling at all. The Pertex Endurance outer is extremely weather resistant material. I left the rear vent open on my BD Firstlight last Saturday during a good 12 hour rain, and there were small puddles on the surface of my bag. I shook off the bag and there was no moisture left at all. In the 4 rainy cloudy days I spent in the Sangre De Christo mountains here was no loss of loft in the cool dampness.

The 1/2 zip is a good compromise between weight and comfort. I could lay on my pad with the open zippered portion over my shoulders and head.

The bag has a mix of 850 fill down on top and 610 fill down on the bottom. The label states the bag was made in China but handfilled in the UK.

The hood is very simple but has a very comfortable elastic drawstring. The cut of the bag is very efficient being snug for me with a 42″ chest. The regular length fits me perfectly at 5’11”.

I have not tested the comfort rating, the coldest temps I have been in were the low 40’s and I was wearing Patagonia Silkweight T-Shirt and boxers and slept soundly.

The bag compacts nicely into a REI 7 by 15 Tuff Lite stuff sac. The bag comes with a nice cotton storage sac but also with a overweight compression sack that turns the bag into a tight square useless to a frameless pack.

The yellow top and black bottom go well with my BD Firstlight as well!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools