Topic

guyout bungee material-where to buy?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) guyout bungee material-where to buy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Luke Moffat
    BPL Member

@alaska_lanche

MLD suggests using some sort of bungee material when guying out the sides of their shelters so the mid height guyouts don't take the brunt of the force when the wind is blowing. Figuring it would be wise to heed this advice just wondering where one might find such material to tie little bungee looks to those guyout points that I would than tie my guyout lines to. Also what diameter of bungee should I be looking at buying in order to have something that will hold up in the wind decently well.

Thanks for any info.

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

REI carries black 1/8th inch (0.125 inch) diameter shock cord in bulk. Buy whatever length you need.

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

Are you talking about the material thats sewn to the tent or the bungee itself?

thru hiker has it. The bungee is called shock cord and the other material is Grosgrain or flat nylon webbing. Any local fabric store should have it.

Luke Moffat
    BPL Member

@alaska_lanche

Thanks guys for the uber fast response. I appreciate it.

Stephen Adams
    BPL Member

@stevemkedcom

Locale: Northwest

Just type "shock cord" into ebay search and you will get every size, color and length you can think of.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools