Topic

TT Double Rainbow Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TT Double Rainbow Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brian Alexander

@desperado

Help! I'm new to backpacking and just bought my first tent, a 2010 TarpTent Double Rainbow. I'm trying to set it up in my living room (raining outside), and I'm trying to figure out how to secure the arch pole. The directions say to "insert the pole tip into the pole tip pocket." What's the pole tip pocket?? I assume they're talking about the loops formed by the straps on either side of the tent, but the pole won't stay in there when I apply pressure to raise the arch from the other side. Am I missing something?? Thanks.

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Locale: Arizona

Brian,

it might be hard to see, but the grosgrain piece at the end is really "hollow" Just try to separate it with a small scredirver (butter knife maybe0 or something the first time, once you see it it will be obvious. the pole goes into that mini "sleeve" just like your foot goes in a sock.

Brian Alexander

@desperado

I'm looking, but I don't see any hollow part of the grosgrain. You're talking about the black strap that extends from the edge of the tent?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

In some of the printed directions from Tarptent on other models, it states that places where you're supposed to slide the pole into may seem sewn shut, but they're not. I believe each shelter is set up before being shipped to make sure everything is ok. But don't quote me on that.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Brian
    This is the pocket :Rainbow pole pocket
    Franco

Brian Alexander

@desperado

Got it – I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks guys!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools