Topic

Vibram Five Fingers KSO

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Vibram Five Fingers KSO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chad Mason
    Spectator

@porch13

Locale: Arizona

These shoes are amazing. I've been hiking and backpacking in Tevas with Injinji socks for years and these seemed like a natural progression. They are very light and extremely comfortable. They feel like I'm hiking barefoot but with just enough protection from the pokey things on the ground. I highly recommend them.

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

These aren't for every situation.

In my opinion when wearing the KSOs you should stay away from rocky trails. Yes you have foot protection but either jogging or hiking with a pack puts added pressure on your feet and the risk of injury or, more likely, discomfort is not worth it. However these are great on sand, forest duff, dirt, and mud. The soles are Vibram so they don't slip when wet.
    Overall, these are good for improving your gait, working under-used muscles and feeling free. These are not some kind of panacea and cannot replace wearing shoes and to be honest are pretty gimmicky (pay $90 to go 'barefoot'), but if you have the cash they are fun, quirky, and do give you the benefit of the barefoot workout.

Altan Sadik-Khan

@altan311

Those that are skeptical of the KSO's need to try the KSO Treks or Treksports. They have a 4mm eva midsole in addition to the rubber which turns the regular KSO's into super shoes. Recently had a 50+lb pack(I know, too heavy but special circumstances) and wore Treksports up and down the mountains all weekend. Phenomenal. Made me feel like a mountain goat.

Jake Morrison

@barefootjake

I feel that VFF KSO is the 3rd most important piece of Footwear that Man has ever created. It however is not perfect with its quality of manufacturing.
    I have found the only type of Terrain that it lacks is Hard Icy Snow. I personally have had it on all of them besides for Hot Desert Sand.
    For those that say that VFF can not handle Sharp Rock and Snow. That person should be focused on training there feet for such conditions. Instead of relying on the footwear on doing all the 'work'. Like Modern Man has grown to accustom to fueled by General Consumerism.

As far as Vibram as a company. They should focus more on quality of production. I have personally 14 pair of VFF. Not one of them has lasted longer than a week before showing some Frailer. Us as a consumer expect better things when paying up to $145 for Footwear. Time to step up there Game.

Thats my two cents,
    BFJ

Jake Morrison

@barefootjake

I feel that VFF KSO is the 3rd most important piece of Footwear that Man has ever created. It however is not perfect with its quality of manufacturing.
    I have found the only type of Terrain that it lacks is Hard Icy Snow. I personally have had it on all of them besides for Hot Desert Sand.
    For those that say that VFF can not handle Sharp Rock and Snow. That person should be focused on training there feet for such conditions. Instead of relying on the footwear on doing all the 'work'. Like Modern Man has grown to accustom to fueled by General Consumerism.

As far as Vibram as a company. They should focus more on quality of production. I have personally 14 pair of VFF. Not one of them has lasted longer than a week before showing some Frailer. Us as a consumer expect better things when paying up to $145 for Footwear. Time to step up there Game.

Thats my two cents,
    BFJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools