Topic

FS: Chouinard Pyramid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap FS: Chouinard Pyramid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ken Ross
    BPL Member

@kr

In 1957, Yvon Chouinard founded Chouinard Equipment, Ltd., selling hand-forged steel pitons out of the back of his car to support his love of surfing and climbing. Chouinard Equipment grew into a successful business but in 1989 was driven into bankruptcy to escape liability lawsuits ("You didn’t tell me that climbing was dangerous!"; *#@& lawyers!) but former employees acquired its assets to form Black Diamond Equipment Ltd and Chouinard's clothing line continues to thrive in Patagonia, Inc.

In 1983 Chouinard Equipment created the 2-person Chouinard Pyramid tent (see archive photo here, slide #21). The larger 3-person version released in 1985 became the model for today's Black Diamond Megamid.

Here is an original Chouinard Pyramid, purchased in 1984 and only lightly used. It is still weather-worthy but has a bit of that old-nylon-too-long-in-storage smell.

Floor area: 7'x9'
    Height: Adjustable from 60"-74"
    Weight: 2 lb 12 oz

I don't know what a 25-year-old icon is worth, but make me an offer or tell me why having this tent would make a difference in your life. I would rather pass it on to somebody that can use it than add it to the refuse stream. PM or highsierrahiker at yahoo.

Pyramid-1

Pyramid-2

Pyramid-3

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

I already own an oware pyramid, but just want to say what a beautiful shelter this is.

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

PM sent…What a beauty! It should be in a best gear shrine.
    Regards,
    John

Chad Helmke
    BPL Member

@the-gear-recycler

Locale: High Rockies

PM sent…would love to take it off your hands!

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

PM sent

Scott Ireland
    BPL Member

@winterwarlock

Locale: Western NY

I sent you a message as well…thanks!

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Class.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!