Topic

Wilderness First Aid Classes by SOLO

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Wilderness First Aid Classes by SOLO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Burt

@idroptapul

Locale: The Smokies

SOLO or Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities, based out of Conway, New Hampshire, is the east-coast alternative to the NOLS affiliated Wilderness Medical Institute. Having completed wilderness first aid (WFA), wilderness first responder (WFR), and wilderness emergency medical technician (WEMT) courses through SOLO, I have no reservations giving them a 5 of 5 rating. The programs are rock-solid.
    All of my experiences with SOLO involved instructors with years of practical experience in SAR and EMS. They knew what they were talking about and were very capable at passing along the lessons. The facility in North Conway was also pretty darn cool.
    I understand that WMI and AERIE also deliver top-notch training, but my only experience is with SOLO. As an active wilderness professional, I consider their training invaluable.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools