Topic

Fuji FinePix 6 megapixel s7000 and up

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Fuji FinePix 6 megapixel s7000 and up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I’m a professional photographer and generally hate point and shoot cameras. Last year for mother’s day I was given a FinePix s7000 (which has now been replaced by the s9000). I absolutely love the macro setup on this camera and I’ve had a ton of fun with it. Best of all the camera weighs a good 14 pounds less than my professional gear and if something happens I won’t be out of pocket as much. If you get a Fuji digital camera be sure to set the “film” type to Fujichrome which mimics the saturation of slide film. Here are some examples of pictures I have taken with this camera… http://www.pbase.com/c_w_i_d_p/laurie

I highly recommend this for a backpacker who enjoys photography but wants a lighter weight camera with some lens flexibility. I would have given it a 5 but it is a little heavier than other digital offerings.

The memory cards are the XD type so really tiny and light. I can get 150 photos on a 256 mg card at 6 mp. The other bonus is that this camera takes AA batteries (and I’ve had really good luck with rechargeables). In a pinch I can buy a set of regular AA batteries and away I go. I like this because AA rechargeables are much more economical than the proprietary batteries and if they don’t hold a charge anymore they are cheaper to replace.

I had 8×10’s and 11×14’s printed in a professional lab from this camera and they turned out beautifully.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools