Topic

perfect heineken pot holder – almost

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) perfect heineken pot holder – almost

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    boba fett

@hiflyer

so I was walking through my local Chinese supermarket and came across these – they are apparently used for steaming… Stainless Steel and a whopping $4. Perfect height, perfect for a frying pan on top as well, if need be.

Problem is ring is 1/16" too small for the pot to slide into.

Should I grind it? Heat it & stretch it?

Just sooooo close

No weight, as I don't have a scale, but it's not much!

heiny pot 1

heiny pot 2

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

Shooting from the hip. Looks like you could cut through the ring between each pair of side brackets and that would allow the ring to spread just enough but still brace the heine can. You'll have 3 brackets which can be slightly bent up or down to provide the extra 1/16th inch

boba fett

@hiflyer

tried that, but it didn't spread enough on the first one…

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

Boba,

You cut through at all 3 sections between the brackets holding the inner ring to the outer ring? And couldn't move the 3 sectiond up or down enough to fit the heinekin?

Got a photo?

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

remove all three sections of the ring between the supports. Then you can bend the supports to increase the diameter. And it's lighter

Simon Weiss
    BPL Member

@simongtr

Locale: Bay Area

Not sure how these cans differ in size, but maybe his enought to fit

I'd really like one of these. I'll have to check out one of the everything-aria stores nearby.

Nice find!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools