Topic

Can’t Update Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Can’t Update Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

I've tried several times to update my gear list. I click browse, locate the file name on my computer, select it, click "open". The name and path appears in the update gearlist filename box. I click save. I get the message that my profile has been updated, but when I click on my gearlist on-line, it's the old one.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I don't know if I followed what you said, but, are you giving it a new name? Like GearList2…

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

I changed the name, I changed the file name, I changed the name and the file name, nothing seemed to work.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I remember having trouble updating it a while back aswell. I just waited for a bit and then it was there. Maybe I needed to refresh the page, or maybe it just decided to be slow…not sure, but it did work eventually.

On a side note, your current gearlist has only 1 line of text on the second page. Might want to squeeze it down just a tad.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Please describe what your old and new gear lists look like. I am viewing your current gear list but have no idea if I'm looking at the old one or your new one. Thanks.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Last time I changed had the same problem; waited on my hands for a day, and the new one uploaded…

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Waiting appears to be the key. After reading the posts here, I checked out my gear list again and lo, it had changed! Thanks to all who wrote.

PS I'll reduce my font size a bit and re-post as a 1 pager soon. Also, posting the gear list proved very helpful. With member advice, I dropped a full pound from my load. Sadly, also $290 from my wallet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools