Topic

Buff Merino Wool

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Buff Merino Wool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

The merino wool Buff is an amazing piece of gear. Buffs themselves are so multipurpose, and, now that they have come out with a merino wool version, it was a must have for me. I use the merino wool buff as a cap in mild temps, a balaclava when sleeping, neck gaitor, headband, sweat rag, napkin, et al.
    It's easy to clean, dries very fast and doesn't smell. the Buff merino version weighs in at1.95 oz. on my scale and is well worth the investment.

Joseph Scalia

@jscalia

Locale: NorthEast

This is indeed a multipurpose item that comes in handy in cooler to cold weather activity. However, I found that the 30 inch length made it difficult to use as a beanie without having a lot of material wound up in the center of the hat making an odd looking "bulb" at the top. IN addition, I found the merino wool scatchy and a bit itchy along certain high spots on my forehead. I washed it but the itchiness is still present. By comparison, the BPL hoody does not cause the same itchiness. I am going to try the polar or cylone buff next to see if I can eliminate the itch factor.

Frederick Heath

@rickheath

this is a very useful piece of gear. It would rate a 5 if the wool were of a little better quality. It is a little itchy, but nothing you can't deal with. For me it is well worth putting up with given the function of the buff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools