Topic

North Face SDS Quarter-Zip Fleece

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) North Face SDS Quarter-Zip Fleece

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

Making some final gear purchases before our first winter excursion and would like to know what everyone thought of this as part of a layering system mainly for around camp/sleeping. First of all, does anyone know what it weights? My base layer would be a Cap 3 shirt, followed by a fleece of some sort, possibly this one, and then my new Alpine Down jacket (NOT the light). Lows are supposed to be 20 degrees.

here is what I had in mind: http://www.rei.com/product/724063

Thoughts?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

First off, I don't think you will need the fleece with a Cap 3 baselayer and Mont-Bell Alpine Down Jacket. I was just out this past weekend at 26* and had a Lightweight Cap baselayer (now Cap 2?) and the Mont-Bell UL Down Inner jacket and was OK while I set up camp, cooked, and hung my bear bag. Then I got under my quilt.

If you do think you will need a fleece, I recommend going with Patagonia R1 Pullover or Hoody, or check out Melanzana, a small company that makes clothes in Colorado. They have Polartec Grid fleece Crews(lightest)and hoodies at great prices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools