Topic

STARBUCKS VIA Italian Roast

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews STARBUCKS VIA Italian Roast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steve M
    BPL Member

@steve-2

Locale: Eastern Washington

Sorry Java Juice but for a fast & easy cup of coffee this stuff is now at the top of my list.

Pros: Small lightweight packets, great flavor compared to all the other instants I've tried.

Cons: Not cheap–12 pack box is about $9. Great taste–may cause coffee addiction.

12/06: Update: Tried a free sample of their Colombia at Costco–changed my Italian Roast rating from 5 to 4 and would give a "5" to the Colombia. The Italian is a bit strong compared to the smoother tasting Colombia.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Tastes good enough, tiny and easy to use. What could be better?

It not being so darn expen$ive.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I've not found a better tasting instant coffee, would give it a higher mark if it wasn't so costly

Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@pkh

Locale: Nova Scotia

I'll just chime in with my agreement. I never would have imagined that I would consider instant coffee, but this stuff is very good. The price however, takes some of the joy out of the brew.

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

Try Nescafe Clasico — 98 cents for 8 packets. Gets the job done.

Mathias Anderson

@runnermatt14

Other than the rather high price, I'm a big fan. The coffee quality is so much better than the typical instant coffee. And the packaging is really convenient.

Scott Toraason

@kimot2

Great stuff and just a step below real Starbucks but in the mountains I don’t know the difference; real easy to fix at: http://www.vimeo.com/7136912

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

Oh yeah, as soon as Via came out my Java Juice went bye bye and this makes it in my pack on every trip. I purchase in volume of 48 to get the price break. A nice strong and flavorful cup of coffee to get me going in the morning.

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

The second best instant coffee i have tasted yet.

Strong dark taste, no bitterness.

Starbucks VIA Columbia gets 1 star more

Kenda Willey

@sonderlehrer

Discovered them a couple of years ago, and take them along on every camping trip. Yes, they're expensive, therefore the 4 (instead of 5)! I've tried the Italian, the Attribute, the Pumpkin flavor, and maybe a couple of others. After reading this thread, I'll have to try the Columbia!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools