Topic

ULA Equipment Relay

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews ULA Equipment Relay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andy Howell

@ecotrend

This is a fabulous pack. Importing this into the UK makes it a little expensive for a day or hut-to-hut pack, but I’m glad that I did it. It is a pack with real character.

It weighs only 17 ounces and yet – thanks to its Dyneema favric – is pretty tough. This has ULA’s trademark pockets – two at the side and one on the read. It is well designed so that the pack fits naturally into the lumbar region of the back.

There is quite a lot of room here. It should be quite easy to for a lightweight trip using a tarp and light sleeping bag.

Having used it on the trail quite regularly over the last month I can also report that it is very comfortable. despite being such a light pack it features well padded shoulder straps which makes a big difference to a small pack like this.

Easily worth 5 stars.

Jonathan Chiappa
    BPL Member

@chiappaj

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I recently purchased the Relay. In the last 2 weeks I’ve completed 2 very different three day backpacking trips. The first was 75 miles mostly on trails in the San Francisco Bay Area. I carried 3 days of food and routinely carried 2 liters of water. The temperature was moderate but I still carried a Western Mountaineering Ultra-lite bag. My second trip was 3 days in Death Valley. The mileage was a lot shorter but it was all off-trail. (the hip belt was nice for scrambling) Because of the lack of water sources, I carried up to 6 liters of water. (Last summer I used a GG Mariposa for the John Muir trail but I wanted a smaller bag for short-none-bear-canister trips)

For short trips into the wilds I could not think of a better pack.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

I love the Relay. It’s my favorite pack for multi-day mountain running because it’s so small (tucks into the lumbar) and shaped so well (hourglass) for running.

Improvements could be made by adding BIG hip belt pockets for food and … that’s about it.

A GREAT pack.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools