Topic

Justin Lichter in Africa

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Justin Lichter in Africa

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

I am a big fan of Justin Lichter. Currently he is in Africa completing a 'bit' of a thru-hike. However it may be cut short given he was almost killed three times. Fantastic read:

http://www.justinlichter.com/current.html

For those that worry about bears in the back country, consider Lions.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Not "may be" it is cut short. I was really interested in his hike too. I've long thought about a long hiking trip in east Africa. But suspected that it had dangerous components like he faced. Very neat trip.

James Castleberry

@winterland76

When I read his post, I couldn't help but think of Jim Whittaker's famous mountaineering line: Getting to the summit is optional, getting back down is compulsory.
    The true mark of an adventurer is knowing when to go home so that more adventures may come another day.
    I hope he has a safe journey home.

Darren McClintock
    BPL Member

@darren

I have been following his website for a while now too. I love his pictures for all his past trips. Anytime my mind starts to wonder when I hear a bump in the night, I will now think of that lion and figure whatever it is, it can't be that bad.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Last night I set up my tent and was about to go to sleep when I looked out my tent and saw a lion sitting about 20 feet straight in front of the tent watching me……not a huge problem, until I saw another one trying to be all stealthy and come from behind also.

LOL. That is scary and funny all at the same time.

His trail name "Trauma" suits him well. Sounds like he had the bejesus scared out of him!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools