Topic

Powdered Milk Enfamil-Milk Based Formula

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Powdered Milk Enfamil-Milk Based Formula

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Since Milkman was discontinued I have been looking for a replacement and I think I found one: Enfamil-LIPIL Milk-Based Infant Formula Powder. It comes in 0.6oz packet and makes 1 cup of milk..Any risk takers out there tried this on there cereal yet?

-Jay

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

i admit, if you can stomach that… you ARE punk rock!

my kids eat it. she's only 1 yo but daddy prefers NIDO

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I am sure the powder is sweeter but basically it is just MILK-right with added minerals and vitamins.. It comes in a 0.6oz very small and packable packet-I guess I will just try it myself over some musseli listening to the Dead Milkmen. "Punkrock Girl"

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

We tried that and were a little taken aback by the taste. We use Nido for whole milk and Carnation for skim… much better. Sometimes I use soy milk too – it just depends what I'm making.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Infant formula does derive from cow's milk, but it has been considerably altered to more resemble human milk, which is quite different from that of the cow. Infant formula is not like cow's milk but artificial human milk. Among other things, the protein and electrolyte concentrations of cow's milk have been changed. The whey to casein balance has been altered. The fat (cream) has been replaced, generally with vegetable fat. In other words, it won't taste at all like cow's milk!

If you want 1% milk (which is what Milkman was), then mix 3 parts dried skim milk with one part dried whole milk (Nido).

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I, too, really miss Milkman. I have one pouch left and am torn between using it or putting up for bid on Ebay…starting at $500. In the meantime I've been trying out different brands of powered milk. Nido still tastes like dehydrated milk inspite of the high fat content while Milkman was closer to the taste of fresh milk. (I'm surprised that some other company hasn't developed something for that niche.) Anyway, lately I've been using powered buttermilk and find it somewhere between Nido and Milkman.

Jack Scheckton

@meestajack

Locale: Brooklyn

I picked up a pouch of Powdered Goat Milk at Whole Foods to try, and it was pretty good. Goatmilk has a slightly different taste than cow milk, but it is pretty tasty.

http://meyenberg.com/core/powderedgoatmilk

Jack Scheckton

@meestajack

Locale: Brooklyn
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools