Topic

MSR Titan Mini Cookset: lid for 1L pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MSR Titan Mini Cookset: lid for 1L pot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

Has anyone who uses this cookset found a good lid specifically for the 1L pot? The one that comes with the set works for both the 1.5L and the 1L pot, but, in situations in which you only want to use the 1L, it doesn't make much sense to carry extra weight for the unnecessarily big/heavy lid.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Aluminum foil works on just about any pot.

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

>>Aluminum foil works on just about any pot.

Yep. It does, but…

I forgot to mention in my original post: I'm hoping for something a bit more substantial that might still be able to protect the pot's contents while packed away. Maybe this isn't necessary though?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

My concern is usually to keep the contents inside the pot. I use a cuben fiber stuff sacks for my various stoves. ZPacks sells a variety of these.

This is my Caledera Cone set up. I do not use the included lid, but foil. The top item is the inverted alcohol stove.

Foster Keg Stove Kit

If I am using my Snow Peak, I have a sack the will close up completely with the cord and toggle.

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

>>My concern is usually to keep the contents inside the pot.

Cool set up. I'm sure it works well with a beer can given the narrow diameter of the lid, but I think foil would get mashed on a bigger 1L pot, no? The foil is pretty flimsy and would be unsupported across a much wider pot.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Dave,

You fold the foil and place it inside the pot for travel. Unfold it and use it as a lid for cooking. Wind can blow it away.

Foil folded for packing.

cookset

Foil lid on a Foster can.

foil on Foster

Foil on a SP Mini Solo.

foil on SP Mini

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

Ah, cool. I guess that'd work fine.

Thanks for sticking with me on that one. I'm a bit thick/distracted today.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools